Our highest priority is, and always has been, to utilize industry-leading food safety practices for the well-being of our customers, our family of employees and the loved ones we care for each day.
With the growing concern over the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to update you on our existing and ongoing food-safety protocols.
In conjunction with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we follow strict, third-party inspected and verified, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Given the importance of these practices at this time, we are increasing the frequency at which we train, inspect and verify that these standards are being met and exceeded.
- The use of hand washing and facility foot baths is always required prior to entering the food and packing facilities at the beginning of shifts and after any breaks.
- Additionally, employees are required to wear uniform food-safety smocks (professionally laundered after each shift) and hair nets. Face masks are available.
- Employees wear gloves while handling produce and farm boxes.
- As always, once folded shut after last item is packed, farm boxes are not reopened.
- Increased verification of food safety practices within our facilities and by our family of growers.
- Delivery boxes are not reused. Drivers will continue to pick up flattened farm boxes from customers who wish to leave them out for recycling.
- We provide sick leave benefits and monitor to ensure employees who are ill do not come to work.
- We ask our members to always wash their produce before eating as part of everyday good practices.
Facility and Delivery Vehicle Sanitation
Our systematic and proper sanitation and cleaning procedures, Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP), is rigorously outlined and routinely followed in our company Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan. HACCP is a food safety monitoring system that is used to identify and control biological, chemical, and physical hazards within the storage, transportation, use, preparation, and sale of perishable goods. It also determines critical control points (CCP) in the process of food production.
As part of our regular farm and facility food-safety systems, we are routinely audited and inspected by multiple third-party groups to verify that our systems meet PrimusGFS standards.
Thank you for trusting our family farm with your food deliveries. We are proud of our food safety program and of the commitment of our employees to these policies.
The food you share at your table is the same food we share with our families. We get deliveries just like you do, and we relate to the reassurance of knowing where our food comes from and how it is handled.
We wish everyone good health and wellness. Eat nutritious fruits and vegetables, take care to be well-rested and to protect those around you.